One of our clients based near Elvington in York is looking for a part time Purchase Ledger Clerk to work 15 hours- 30 Hours per week.
Main purpose of the job:
Ensure the accurate, timely and continuous end to end processing of assigned Accounts Payable invoicing and payment transactions, ensuring supplier invoices are processed and paid in accordance with company guidelines.
- Processing of all supplier invoices and credit notes in a timely manner and sorting through all the paperwork.
- Resolving invoice queries with supplier, procurement or authorising manager
- Maintain the files depending on status (Paid/Unpaid)
- Run suggested payments reports and collate invoices to support proposed payment
- Issue remittances to suppliers to support payments made, reconciliation of supplier statements, first point of contact for suppliers raising queries regarding invoices and payments
- Process company credit card forms, chase outstanding forms/receipts from card holders
- Support other members of finance team and perform ad-hoc duties as required
- Responsible for quality of own work and setting an example through leadership by promotion and adherence of company procedures, particularly Health & Safety, Quality and Hygiene
- Previous Purchase Ledger / Accounts Payable / Finance experience preferred
- Good general education background including English & Maths qualifications
- A polite, confident and friendly manner and good communication skills
- Initiative & desire to improve systems, processes and the company
- Experience & confidence using computer systems, preferably Sage Line 50, Excel, Word, Outlook
- To enjoy working with suppliers and building relationships
- A positive attitude, flexibility and quick thinking
- To be well organised and thorough, even under pressure
For further informaiton please call Kerry on 07775538209 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org