I am recruiting for an experienced administrator to work for a leading business based in York. This role is on a temporary ongoing contract with a view to a permanent contract.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working in an administrative role, have excellent organisational skills, excellent I.T skills. Previous experience within a health & safety admin role with payroll experienced preferred.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Provide general administration support to the business
- Provide reception services to all visitors and answer the main telephone line directing calls and taking messages as appropriate.
- Using the company computer system to raise Projects & Vendor Purchase Orders.
- Assist in creation of Quotations through the company computer system
- Receive and process customer Purchase Orders and release Projects to Production.
- Creation of Order Acknowledgements and submitting to customer.
- Process timesheets and run reports ensuring all hours correspond to meet monthly payroll deadlines.
- Update Company computer system when purchased goods are delivered to process for payment and resolve any vendor invoice queries.
- Assist in the project clearing and invoicing process ensuring all paperwork is collated and submitted for review by management. Generation and submitting of customer Invoice from the system.
- Utilising the company ERP system to generate Sales Funnel report and actively progressing open quotations with customer contacts
- Provide administration assistance to the ESH Coordinator (Environment, Safety & Health) in preparation of documents, monitoring and reporting of key dates (I.e. Training Renewals) and generating of reports for Management review.
- Provide administration assistance to the Hydraulics Department, providing the aforementioned services, specifically to support this particular Department.
- Assist with arranging of hire vehicles & accommodation for Field Service Engineers.
- Any other duties commensurate with your skills, knowledge and experience to include covering for colleagues duties in times of absence and busy periods.
Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication & interpersonal skills and comfortable dealing with customer requests.
- Ability to self-manage busy workload and prioritise own tasks to achieve objectives set by others.
- Strong IT skills with ability to learn new systems and processes, whilst highlighting potential improvements to current processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Good numeric skills & understanding.
- Willingness and ability to learn new tasks and skills.
- A proven track record in the provision of administration support in a busy office, including multitasking and meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience of Quality, Health & Safety documents and processes is advantageous.
This is a temporary ongoing role with a view to a permanent role.
For further information please contact Kerry on 07775538309 or apply by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org