One of our top growing clients on the outskirts of York is looking for a Claims Administrator to oversee the day to day running of the Claims Administration department Monday to Friday office hours. The role has become available due to expansion within the company and they can offer excellent benefits and working conditions whilst working here.
- Oversee the day to day running of the Admin Department. Reporting any issues to
- Claims Team Leaders/ Claims Manager.
- Review incoming emails and distribute accordingly.
- Opening and distributing daily post received.
- Input policyholder BACS details on to the system
- Monitor post storage space and oversee shredding exercise.
- Scanning post onto the paperless system.
- Identify existing claim and reconciling correspondence with files.
- Create new claim records.
- Call/correspond with policyholders, veterinary practices and external parties in order to identify log correspondence received.
- File paper correspondence in accordance with our data security policy.
- Review claims outstanding reserve list and remove reserves where necessary.
- Complete daily payment runs and complete weekly cheque runs.
- Managing own knowledge of the rules and requirements of the FCA, PRA and other legal, regulatory and risk implications a minimum of 15 hours CPD each year.
- Complying with FCA and PRA rules, ABI guidance, the Data Protection Act 2018 and other regulation, legislation and industry directives as advised by your Manager.
Ensuring compliance with ELICO’s Financial Crime, Anti-bribery, Whistleblowing,
- Compliance & Risk and Complaints Policies along with ELICO’s TCF Objectives Statement.
- Ensuring compliance with ELICO’s Data Security & Data Governance Policy, including understanding who the ELICO Data Steward is for that data, being aware of what quality criteria or standards are applied to that data, and ensure its application, raising any deficiencies or concerns with the appropriate Data Steward, and safeguarding the integrity of the data.
- Identifying risks and reporting them in line with internal procedure.
- Ad hoc duties as required by Claims Team Leaders and Claims Manager.
Skills and experience
- Excellent organisational and administration skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Numerate, articulate, and analytical.
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks and effectively allocate resources.
- Clear leadership/supervisory skills
- Excellent time management skills in order to prioritise workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Worked within the insurance sector/financial sector/service sector would be advantageous.
- Relevant business experience.
If you are looking for a new role and have your own transport due to the location then please call Jo for more information on 07867978033 and send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org