I am recruiting for an experienced administrator to work for a leading business based between York and Knaresborough (Own transport needed)
The role will include, but not be limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the Claims Admin department is run in a smooth and efficient manner. This includes, sorting incoming daily emails and post. Distributing work to team members, undertaking spot checking of work, ensuring staff members workload is completed each day. Work closely with the team leaders to ensure staff are competent and that relevant training and supervision is provided when required.
You will be working within a small team and it is expected that you will give support and assistance to colleagues in line with the operational requirements of the Department.
These duties are merely an outline and will include other aspects within the Department and may change subject to business demands. Any changes will be at the discretion of the Claims Manager.
- Oversee the day to day running of the Admin Department. Reporting any issues to
- Claims Team Leaders/ Claims Manager.
- Review incoming emails and distribute accordingly.
- Opening and distributing daily post received.
- Input policyholder BACS details on to the system
- Monitor post storage space and oversee shredding exercise.
- Scanning post onto the paperless system.
- Identify existing claim and reconciling correspondence with files.
- Create new claim records.
- Call/correspond with policyholders, veterinary practices and external parties in order to identify log correspondence received.
- File paper correspondence in accordance with our data security policy.
- Review claims outstanding reserve list and remove reserves where necessary.
- Complete daily payment runs and complete weekly cheque runs.
- Managing own knowledge of the rules and requirements of the FCA, PRA and other legal, regulatory and risk implications a minimum of 15 hours CPD each year.
- Complying with FCA and PRA rules, ABI guidance, the Data Protection Act 2018 and other regulation, legislation and industry directives as advised by your Manager.
- Ensuring compliance with ELICO’s Financial Crime, Anti-bribery, Whistleblowing, Compliance & Risk and Complaints Policies along with ELICO’s TCF Objectives Statement.
- Ensuring compliance with ELICO’s Data Security & Data Governance Policy, including understanding who the ELICO Data Steward is for that data, being aware of what quality criteria or standards are applied to that data, and ensure its application, raising any deficiencies or concerns with the appropriate Data Steward, and safeguarding the integrity of the data.
- Identifying risks and reporting them in line with internal procedure.
- Ad hoc duties as required by Claims Team Leaders and Claims Manager.
Skills and experience
- Excellent organisational and administration skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Numerate, articulate, and analytical.
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks and effectively allocate resources.
- Clear leadership/supervisory skills
- Excellent time management skills in order to prioritise workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Worked within the insurance sector/financial sector/service sector would be advantageous.
- Relevant business experience.
For further information please call Kerry on 07775538209 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org