An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Procurement / Contracts Manager, who is looking for an exciting role within a dynamic, friendly and results orientated team.
The purpose of this role is to lead the team and bring supply chain expertise so that we plan to source and purchase the best quality equipment, goods and services for the company at the most competitive prices whilst maintaining sustainability, risk and being mindful of ethical issues. You will also oversee supply chain management and procurement, possibly on a worldwide scale.
- Forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business need ensuring that stock levels are appropriate.
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers to achieve the best outcomes to meet the demands of the business.
- Developing the supply base by identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, and building and maintaining good relationships with them.
- Negotiating and agreeing on contracts and monitoring their progress, checking the quality of service provided. Ensuring mutual awareness of key business objectives.
- Ensuring that internal processes are streamlined and efficient.
- Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities.
- Developing and execution of the purchasing strategy.
- Ensuring that it is tailored to meet external changes and regulations.
- Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors.
- Maintaining knowledge by attending meetings and trade conferences. o Evaluating costs and review supply chain economics to ensure consistent value-added activities.
- Presenting of supply chain and market trends analysis, producing reports and statistics for the Senior Management Team to support company growth.
The successful candidate will have the following Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven working experience as a procurement manager, procurement officer or head of procurement within the entertainment or construction industry.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market.
- Aptitude in decision-making and analytical skills.
- BSc, BTEC HNC/HND degree in supply chain management, logistics or business studies.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Customer focused mentality and exemplary attention to detail
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
If you are interested please apply with an up to date CV