Assistant Site Manager
Purpose of the Job
To support the Employer in relation to the monitoring of jobsite activities by contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers, the coordination of interfaces; and the overseeing of progress and productivity of the works.
- Supporting the Site Manager with the duties as listed below.
- Supporting the Project Construction Manager in preparing communications and instructions to contractors in accordance with the Works Contracts Administration Procedures.
- Overseeing construction activities of construction contracts within the area of responsibility at each geographic location or system-based area.
- Monitoring the contractor’s management of direct hire and subcontract relations, and utility/rail interfaces on site.
- Supporting interfaces between the assigned principle contractor and other adjacent or follow-on contracts on site.
- Monitoring programme objectives and contractor progress and performance against the contract milestones and current accepted programme; reviewing productivity of installed quantities against forecasts.
- Providing reports of daily activity; keeping the Site Manager informed of contract and site progress & performance.
- Supporting the Site Manager in coordinating with key stakeholders’ contractor and community relations officers; monitoring contractor’s activity in community relations.
- Monitoring the Work Programme and liaising with the contractor to seek notice of activities and interventions.
- Monitoring the contractor’s compliance with their Commitments Compliance Plan.
- Monitoring the contractor’s mobilisation and logistics.
- Providing support to the Project Field Engineer in monitoring Contractor compliance with the Construction Quality Plan, and in the resolution of NCRs and Snag List items at the contract level.
- Monitoring and supporting the contractor’s compliance with Environmental, Safety & Health requirements, escalating issues and seeking intervention where required. Checking there is a satisfactory level of health and safety through taking reasonable care of own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role
- Co-operate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk.
Main challenges of the job
- Supporting the Employer in monitoring the progress of the works against programme and tracking site activity
- Supporting the Employer in protecting reputation through the management of stakeholders and monitoring contractor compliance with consents, U&A, and community relations.
- Supporting the Employer in managing interfaces with other contracts and third parties beyond the contractor’s control.
- Experience of managing the construction of significant value packages of work on comparable major project infrastructure works
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
- Understanding of project controls processes
- Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor’s responsibilities contained in subcontract documents
Please contact Karen on - 07917833970
Alternatively, email me at email@example.com