Purpose of the Job
To manage, produce and ensure timely and consistent production of bi-weekly and period-end reports while supporting Project teams in data entry activities through the Cost Management System (PRISM).
- Co-ordinate the production and administration of Programme cost records in PRISM, including cost analysis for AFC Reviews and Change & Trend Review Cycles.
- Automate current central cost reporting as far as possible and create and administer new automated reports with raw data pulling out from PRISM.
- Manage and produce reports of trends to be authorised by the Executives, and financial data for Executives & Investment Committee meetings.
- Production and administration of Cost KPI report in conjunction with Programme Controls Reporting & Visualisation team.
- Manage and prepare the consolidated central team and programme-wide cost reports and KPIs
- Work within Central Team to analyse and report on the cost status of the Programme and ad hoc support.
- Review and understand trend explanations and work with Project teams to improve them.
- Assist with the programme change process; check financial data in change papers.
- Support invalidation of costs and business cases.
- Act as Cost Engineer and PRISM in reviewing periodic cost performance, re-forecast, including PRISM data update, for London Undergrounds Team and ca.10 minor work contracts.
- Period reviewing of PRISM entries to ensure congruency and consistency of data integration between PRISM and SAP.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk
Main challenges of the job
- Establishing current cost records in Projects across the Programme, in different systems and formats.
- Obtaining and documenting reasons for periodic cost and change performance; explaining the cost drivers clearly and succinctly to inform Directorate regarding variances in the actual and cost-to-go data records in PRISM.
- Drilling down from PRISM cost systems to more granular analysis to ensure consistency in period-end data entries.
- Establishing and obtaining cost data before contractors demobilise.
- Experience of project controls reporting and analysis, including forecasting, scheduling techniques and risk analysis.
- Experience in the technical and practical application of estimating, pricing and costing on infrastructure projects.
- An advanced level of MS Excel skills.
- Cost, Financial and Commercial Systems knowledge (e.g., PRISM, SAP, CEMAR).
- Planning software knowledge (Primavera P6, MS Project).
- Proactive self-starter, able to form supportive relationships with a wide variety of colleagues across the Programme. Experience of reporting to and supporting senior project managers and directors.
- Skilled in oral and written communication, with experience of presenting cost engineering information to management and an ability to make complex information easy to understand.
- Strong analytical skills
- A pragmatic focus on commercial issues (NEC knowledge is desirable).
- A high standard of professionalism.
- Natural attention to detail.