Purpose of the Job
Provide on-site support to the Principal Delivery Engineer (PDE) and the Lead Fire Engineer (off site) in undertaking the necessary assurance activities to ensure compliance with Sponsor Requirements and the Assurance Processes as appointed for the specific discipline. Also, to support the Employer in ensuring Tier 1 Contractor/s is/are cognisant of the Testing and Commissioning requirements of the works information and fulfil them in a manner that ensures full integration between contracts across the Central Operating Section
Provide support to the PDE and the Lead Fire Engineer/Chief Engineer in relation to the following:
- Provide in-depth technical support to each individual project team in their preparations and during the Tier 1 contractors’ testing & commissioning of MEP and systemwide equipment as well as support to their management of systemwide interfaces on the project with focus on fire engineering.
- To support the close out of ongoing verification and assurance findings carried out by the Infrastructure Managers (IM) and ensure robust audit trail and transparency of decision making is documented.
- Support the PDE - undertaking technical reviews of contractor assurance records (including Operation & Maintenance manuals, certification documents, As-Built documents) against requirements and to also satisfy Infrastructure Managers when required.
- Providing input into engineering solutions / field sketches / specifications to resolve site-based queries and coordinating resolution of issues with the PDE where required (and where it is not the responsibility of the contractor); including keeping the Supervisor Representative and PDE informed of technical issues on
- Support the PDE to close out “Elemental Outstanding Works List” (EOWL) items where required with evidence-based closure that satisfies the assurance processes of the Programme and Infrastructure Managers. This includes tracking and monitoring assigned EOWL items until resolution.
- Manage the Delivery Team requirements for their completion of their T&C progress reporting, via the periodically reported T&C Dashboard
- Support the Lead Fire Engineer to ensure a consistent approach is applied to technical reviews and assurance acceptance, issue resolution, and EOWL close across the Programme.
- Work with the PDE to ensure that suitable and sufficient evidence of Testing and Commissioning results are compiled and processed in support of the Authority to Use and Handover strategy.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk
Main challenges of the job
- Working with the Project team/s, Systemwide Contractors and Chief Engineers Group to collate evidence from the Contractors to satisfy the Assurance regime.
- Supporting the Employer in relation to understanding and ensuring the coordination and integration of Testing and Commissioning activities to fulfil all defined requirements, including schedule, cost, and self-assured quality for assigned systems/assets.
- Working with London Underground and Rail for London to ensure that the Element Outstanding Works List open items and outstanding findings from the verification activities are satisfactory closed out with evidence for their acceptance of the final close out.
- Maintain a consistent approach, where possible, in acceptance of technical assurance and resolution of items across the various project teams.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with all the key stakeholders in a large multi-tier infrastructure project
- Degree qualified engineer or equivalent experience
- Site based experience of engineering and construction on major infrastructure projects, including experience of design, construction and testing & commissioning phases
- Knowledge and experience of installation, testing and commissioning of passive and active systems and the methods used to provide assurance to end users.
- Experience in the rail environment, and the challenges encountered in dealing with regulations pertaining to this field. Previous experience of working with London Underground and/or Rail for London would be beneficial
Please contact Peter on :- 07833184958