Handover Co-ordinator – C660
Purpose of the Job
To support the Employer in delivering and expediting the successful Handover to the Infrastructure Managers (IMs). To develop, collate and verify information from multiple sources through collaboration with the other members of the handover team and the wider team.
Working within the fast moving, challenging and exiting C660 project team.
- Drives and supports the collation, checking and summarising of Handover information for the Handover Manager.
- Complies with functional strategies, processes and procedures affiliated with Handover, including the Handover Strategy and Plan document.
- Co-operate with the wider team to make sure they support the provision of accurate information.
- Assist the Handover team in developing tools which improves the reporting of Handover information.
- Take on specific tasks as sole representative of the Handover team.
- Provide input to the lead planner for the Integrated Handover programme.
- Urgently implement actions and tasks within a project team in a matrix organization.
- Collaborate and co-operate with the Handover Leads for other stations and systems. Liaise with all members of the Commissioning and Handover team, LU and RfL.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate within all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk.
Main Challenges of the Job
- Influencing a matrix organisation to deliver a successful Handover of the station and its systems, to required quality and timeframes.
- Being able to manage large volumes of information.
- Adapting to change in a developing environment.
- Working in a fast-paced, but exciting environment
- Experience in the delivery of railway projects.
- Comfortable in the handling of data and ensuring its accuracy.
- Good understanding of the concepts of efficient information systems and transfer. Good knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM), and/or a desire to increase working knowledge of BIM.
- Proactive management – actively chasing people to get actions closed out and to supply requirements.
- Excellent Excel, Word and Outlook skills.
- Working knowledge of NEC contracting environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work collaboratively to achieve common goals across different organisations.
- Ability to implement actions and tasks within a project team in a matrix organization.
- Ability and determination to devise and follow procedures and challenge others to do so rigorously.
- Self-starting, including a drive to propose and implement process improvements.
- Analytical skills and ability to identify and present key messages and risks arising from that analysis.
Please contact Karen on - 01189550600