M&E Site Manager – Portals & Shafts
Purpose of the Job
To drive effective delivery of the works in designated areas through the coordination of interfaces, monitoring and reporting of progress, and escalation of problems.
- Overseeing construction and testing & commissioning activities of designated contracts at designated sites/ areas of responsibility.
- Monitoring programme objectives and contractor progress and performance against the contract milestones and currently accepted programme; reviewing the productivity of installed quantities against forecasts.
- Completing daily reports; keeping the Deputy Construction Manager informed of contract and site progress & performance.
- Reviewing the contractor’s works programme and liaising with the contractor and others as required to facilitate the execution of the works in accordance with the programme.
- Monitoring and supporting the contractor’s compliance with Environmental, and Health and Safety requirements, escalating issues where required. Checking there is a satisfactory level of health and safety through taking reasonable care of own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role.
- Driving the delivery of site progress to completion of installation handover packages to facilitate the commencement of testing and commissioning.
- Assisting the contractor and construction team with the collation of installation handover files.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate within all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk
Main Challenges of the Job
- Supporting the Employer in monitoring the progress of the works against programme and tracking site activity.
- Supporting the Employer in protecting reputation through the management of stakeholders and monitoring contractor compliance with consents and commitments.
- Experience in managing construction works on comparable major project infrastructure works.
- Relevant experience on a large scale infrastructure project.
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes.
- Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures.
Role Specific Requirements
Knowledge, experience and understanding of railway communications systems.
CSCS Construction Site Operative ticketed.
Should have experience of installation and commissioning of building services (ideally for a railway), such as:
- LV power systems
- UPS systems
- Fire detection
- Fire mains incl trace heating
- Earthing & bonding
- Water supply