As a planner, you will carry out project planning and control activities on designated projects. You will be a key member of the project team and support project managers in the successful planning and control of project delivery.
What are my responsibilities?
- Develop and maintain plans in accordance with our Rail Automation UK project management, planning and procedures and processes.
- Work closely with project, commercial and finance managers and members of the wider project team to ensure project schedules are accurately developed, maintained, resource and cost loaded.
- Work closely with site and possession planners to ensure cohesion between these different activities and the main project schedule.
- Work closely with the central Bids & Tendering team to ensure tender plans are developed through the mobilisation process into contract plans
- Build and maintain close working relationships with client representatives and work collaboratively to find the most efficient and effective planning and controls solutions.
- Perform critical path analysis and advise of possible actions and areas of concern.
- Ensure that the periodic project reporting requirements are met for both internal and client through the provision of key project metrics such as key performance indicators, earned value, schedule delay and critical path analysis reports as required.
- Perform analysis and scenario modelling for any potential project change and be able to provide risks, issues, cost, resource and delay analysis.
- Promote and improve planning and controls within the organisation.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- HND/HNC level qualifications or relative demonstrable experience.
- Experience of planning infrastructure projects preferably in the rail industry.
- Experience of working with project management both internally and in the client organisation.
- Primavera Planning expertise with knowledge and use of another planning tool such as MS Project
- Self-motivated with sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and awareness of project management methodologies, e.g. Prince 2.
- Technical/Engineering background ideally with knowledge of the railway.
Please contact Karen on - 07917833970
Alternatively, email me at email@example.com