Our client is currently looking to recruit an experienced Principal Engineer (Highways) Leading design teams in the design of civil engineering structures.
- Experience and an ability to design civil engineering structures to Eurocodes and British Standards.
- This must entail the interpretation of client requirements, project definition and management, production and checking of calculations, structural analysis, preparation of sketches for and working with technicians, and the preparation of accompanying documents.
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with approvals with Statutory Authorities e.g. Environment Agency, Highways Authority, etc.
- Ensuring that designs comply with all health and safety requirements.
- Leading others in the inspection of civil engineering highway structures on site:
- In line with LANTRA and BICS manual.
- Prior experience of carrying out inspections will be required.
- An ability to interpret engineering defects to existing structures and to produce technical reports to a high standard.
- An ability to manage and provide mentoring to more junior employees – via BICS Competency management scheme
- Experience and an ability to manage client expectations.