Quality Assurance Engineer
- Ensure Observations are undertaken effectively, meeting defined targets and involve all relevant stakeholders e.g. CEG and Infrastructure Managers.
- Ensure the Delivery Team’s review and effective implementation of ITPs, subcontractor/ supplier quality plans, quality system procedures, test plans, quality improvement plans.
- Ensure that the Contractor and Delivery Team effectively manage the closeout of NCRs, CARs and Observations.
- Work collaboratively with the contractor to drive the closure of Completion Readiness Assessment Framework (CRAF) findings and ensure appropriate preparations are in place for future CRAF assessments to enable a seamless handover to the Infrastructure Managers (IMs) via the Employer’s Completion Process (ECP).
- Produce periodic quality reports to provide visibility of Contractor and Delivery Team Quality performance.
- Support the periodic Quality Focus Meeting (QFM) process to ensure any quality issues are captured and actions are progressed.
- Support the Contractor and Delivery Team’s review in the timely compilation and “right-first-time” submission of certification packages to support the ongoing assurance of the works.
- Support the Supervisor’s Representative to ensure any quality concerns are communicated formally to the Contractor and they are tracked to resolution.
- Develop and present quality training to the Delivery Team and Contractor staff where applicable.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate within all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with Colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk.
Main challenges of the job
- Monitoring and providing evidence that the Contractors’ and Crossrail Quality Management
- Systems are implemented, meet the requirements of the Works Information and support self-certification.
- Operating on a multi-contract level and prioritising activities appropriate to the associated risks.
- Appropriate technical qualification and/or proven quality management experience working for an organisation in a major multi-discipline infrastructure project in a self-certifying environment.
- Member of the Chartered Quality Institute & Chartered Quality Professional (MCQI CQP, or working towards)
- ISO 9001 lead auditor desirable
- Root Cause Analysis training desirable
- Technical engineering background (delivery experience on stations or routeway - must understand the technical deliverable)
- Must understand route cause analysis - the ability to problem solve on major projects – able to assess a design drawing and know if it can be built or not (and if not, why?).
- Managing the project team and the contractors on site (procedures etc.)
- Proven experience in the implementation of the Inspection and Test Plan process.
- Experience of the application of QA/QC working for a contracting organisation in a management role on projects involving the installation of rail systems/infrastructure.
- Strong ability, knowledge and experience to enforce the implementation of the Works Information requirements.
Please Call Barnie on 01189550600 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org