Purpose of the Job
Provide support to deliver the RAM documents and ensure that the RAM Plan is delivered consistently across the programme as the project enters the testing and commissioning stage.
- Complete the final stages of the life cycle of the project, based on EN50126 in terms of RAM including reliability testing and reliability growth.
- Assist with the completion of the RAM Case and RAM Compliance Reports.
- Undertake work, including producing reports, to quantify the expected performance of the railway in terms of RAM targets.
- Provide cover as required, for RAM audits and the DRACAS process.
- Manage the maintenance demonstrations to show that RAM compliance has been achieved.
- Provide support and guidance to Assurance and Engineering Safety Management activities; supplying relevant material for verification, validation, compliance and acceptance.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk
Main challenges of the job
- Provide direction, set policies and have oversight for RAM management for the Programme. The majority of Programme deliverables are being provided by others under contract and will be handed over to a number of Infrastructure Managers.
- Develop good working relations with these external parties as well as internally to the organisation.
- Set and maintain a high level of professional performance.
- Manage Reliability growth plans and demonstrate RAM Compliance has been achieved as the project enters the testing and commissioning stage.
- Represent the company to appropriate external parties as and when required.
- Attend meetings and make presentations at appropriate levels, up to and including, Board meetings.
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering/Science (preferably IT/ Systems Engineering / Railways).
- Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Ability to interface with railway domain specialists, design managers and construction project managers, in a competent professional manner.
- Broad experience of the application of systems engineering to major infrastructure projects.
- Experience of RAM development and management as applied to major railway infrastructure projects and also at the final stages of the project’s life cycle.
- System engineering Lifecycles – awareness of different lifecycles and experience of the implementation of lifecycle approaches to real projects.
Please contact Barnie on :-7879116457