Senior Project Engineer- Rail
To provide project engineering team leadership to ensure projects are delivered to the required quality and safety standards and to project timescales. This will be achieved through the management of performance and the coordination of all engineering disciplines within projects. The Senior Project Engineer will be expected to act as the Project Engineering Manager on a large project or on a number of medium-sized projects.
- Support and assist the Project Manager and management team to monitor the progress of works and ensure that the development, design construction, testing and financial targets are met and effect remedial action where required.
- Ensure that the technical standards are maintained in all aspects of signalling project work, in order that safe and successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Participate in and monitor the planning and progress of works in relation to timeline and budget and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met and effect remedial action when required.
- Be the Project Manager’s engineering representative on projects.
- Assist with forecasting the overall engineering resources and key skills necessary for allocated projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided.
- Evaluate the quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the Company.
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan.
- Act in the role of Contractor’s Engineering Manager or Contractors’ Responsible Engineer as directed.
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets.
- Coordinate the engineering activities of sub-contractors.
- Review and assess the engineering aspects of project changes.
- Perform duties as directed by senior management from time to time
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Excellent communications skills, understanding of task time and people management.
- Strong leadership skills including an ability to drive a team’s performance.
- Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Member of the IET, IRSE or other recognised professional body.
- Hold IRSE Engineering Manager Projects licence, or similar.
- Experience in the role of CEM
- Chartered Engineer status.
- To have passed four modules in the IRSE Professional Examinations.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Signal and Railway Engineering.
- Practical experience of the operational requirements of railway works.
- Knowledge of project safety requirements and contract conditions.
- A1 Assessor Qualification
Please contact Barnie on :-07879116457