Purpose of the Job
To support the effective delivery of the works in designated areas through the coordination of interfaces, monitoring and reporting of progress, and escalation of problems.
- Supporting the coordination of construction and testing & commissioning activities of designated contracts at designated sites/ areas of responsibility.
- Providing support to the Deputy Construction Manager team to monitor programme objectives and contractor progress and performance against the contract milestones and current accepted programme.
- Completing daily reports; keeping the Deputy Construction Manager informed of contract and site progress & performance.
- Working with the Deputy Construction Manager to review the contractor’s works programme and providing him/her with sufficient information to liaise with the contractor and others.
- Monitoring and supporting the contractor’s compliance with Environmental, and Health and Safety requirements, escalating issues where required. Checking there is a satisfactory level of health and safety through taking reasonable care of own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role.
- Support the delivery of site progress to completion of installation handover packages to facilitate commencement of testing and commissioning.
- Assisting the contractor and construction team with the collation of installation handover files.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk.
Main Challenges of the Job
Supporting the Employer in monitoring the progress of the works against programme and tracking site activity.
Supporting the Employer in protecting reputation through management of stakeholders and monitoring contractor compliance with consents and commitments.
- Experience of supervising construction works on comparable major project infrastructure works.
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes.
- Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures.
Role Specific Requirements
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of railway communications systems.
- CSCS Construction Site Operative ticketed.