Site Engineer – Electrical - Nights
Purpose of the Job
To support the project by enabling on-site delivery and safe installation of electrical and communications services by the principle contractor, including LV, UPS, lighting and small power and communications systems. Drive the resolution of issues, ensuring programme targets are met.
- Supporting the Business in relation to:
- Ensure an excellent level of health and safety performance through taking care of own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the delivery of this role.
- Monitor and support the principle contractor’s compliance with health, safety and environmental requirements, escalating issues and seeking intervention where required.
- Drive electrical performance in relation to design, construction, testing & commissioning, certification and handover of electrical and v systems.
- Liaise with the principle contractor and Project Manager’s team to proactively identify electrical and communications issues, risks and opportunities. Drive resolution of these issues and work with principle contractor to implement risk mitigation and opportunities.
- Monitor the status of electrical design, construction, testing & commissioning, certification and handover deliverables.
- Proactively seek out, provide input to and drive the resolution of electrical and communications issues relating to design, construction, assurance/certification and handover.
- Participate in the development of the electrical 4-week look ahead programme.
- Review electrical activities in the contract and four weeks look ahead programme, ensuring that a robust electrical and communications programme is maintained and that opportunities are identified and implemented.
- Monitor electrical and communications performance against the accepted programme, four week look ahead programme and testing & commissioning programme. Drive performance and the resolution of issues to ensure that programme objectives are met.
- Contribute to the electrical and communications T&C strategy.
- Work with principle contractor and Testing & Commissioning Manager to ensure that electrical and communications T&C forecasts are robust and that targets are met.
- Provide support to the Electrical Field Assurance Engineers and Testing & Commissioning Manager in monitoring the principle contactor’s compliance with the testing & commissioning, certification and handover procedures.
- Work with principle contractor to ensure that electrical and communications quality inspections support the testing & commissioning and handover programme.
- Drive resolution of electrical and communications NCR’s and closing of electrical and communications snags.
- Review and acceptance of Contractor electrical and communications submittals as required.
- Support the Project Manager in preparing communications and instructions to contractors in accordance with the Works Contracts Administration Procedures.
- Co-operate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk.
- *These accountabilities are mandatory for all positions.
Main Challenges of the Job
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with principle contractor.
- Understanding and driving the electrical and communications programme.
- Understanding electrical and communications design and testing & commissioning logic.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience, all with a LV electrical/comms focus.
- Accomplished electrical engineer (preferably in a lead role)
- Electrical project management experience preferable
- Demonstrate competence in an electrical systems construction delivery role
- Preferably experience working on the project
- Good understanding of quality management and assurance
- Site experience of health, safety and environmental procedures and understanding of how good practice should be adhered to
- Experience of reviewing and ensuring contractor implementation of RAMS and ITP’s during construction
- Strong leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices, the experience of dealing with electrical works packages, design, installation, testing and commissioning.
- Knowledge of the NEC3 form of contract and of CDM Regulations.
- Knowledge of LU processes and procedures.
- An ability to identify priorities; the drive to get things done; and the personality to work effectively at all levels.
- A problem solver with project delivery experience, able to drive programme and be results-driven.
- To have a proactive can-do attitude and be prepared to take the initiative
Please contact Karen on - 07917833970
Alternatively, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org