Purpose of the Job
To support effective delivery of the works in designated areas through the coordination of interfaces, monitoring and reporting of progress, and resolution of problems.
- Supporting the Project Manager in preparing communications and instructions to designated contractors in accordance with the Works Contracts Administration Procedures.
- Overseeing construction and testing & commissioning activities of designated contracts at designated sites/ areas of responsibility
- Facilitating interfaces at designated sites, including interfaces between designated contractors and adjacent contractors, including Principal Contractors.
- Monitoring programme objectives and contractor progress and performance against the contract milestones and current accepted programme; reviewing productivity of installed quantities against forecasts.
- Completing daily reports; keeping the Construction Manager informed of contract and site progress & performance.
- Supporting the Project Manager in managing key stakeholder relationships in coordination with the contractor and community relations officers; monitoring contractors’ compliance with relevant Commitments.
- Providing constructability input during review of contractor/engineering submissions.
- Reviewing the contractor’s works programme and liaising with the contractor and others as required to facilitate execution of the works in accordance with the programme.
- Monitoring contractor’s compliance with contractual requirements regarding mobilisation and logistics.
- Providing support to the Project Field Engineer / Construction Manager in monitoring contractor compliance with the Construction Quality Plan, and in resolution of NCRs and snag list items at contract level.
- Monitoring and supporting the contractor’s compliance with Environmental, and Health and Safety requirements, escalating issues where required. Checking there is a satisfactory level of health and safety through taking reasonable care of own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role.
- The review and acceptance of contractor submittals as allocated.
- The implementation of the Review and Acceptance of Safe Systems of Work Procedure.
- Co-operate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk.
- To be responsible for the management of Health and Safety for direct reports.
Main Challenges of the Job
Supporting the Employer in monitoring the progress of the works against programme and tracking site activity
Supporting the Employer in protecting reputation through management of stakeholders and monitoring contractor compliance with consents and commitments
Supporting the Employer in managing interfaces with other contracts and third parties beyond the contractor’s control.
- Experience in managing construction works on comparable major project infrastructure works.
- Relevant experience on a large-scale infrastructure project.
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes.
- Understanding of project controls processes.
- Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures.
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor’s responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
Role Specific Requirements
- Knowledge of signalling systems (e.g. communication-based Signalling Sytems)
- Previous relevant experience in the construction or testing and commissioning project. delivery of signalling systems in the rail industry.
- To drive the programme and be results driven.
- To produce progress reports of construction and T&C activities.
- To have a proactive can-do attitude and be prepared to take the initiative.
- A proven flexible problem solver with project delivery experience.