Technical Assurance Coordinator
Purpose of the Job
To manage and coordinate all aspects and activities associated with concession applications submitted by contractors when the design/construction does not meet Engineering Standards, and to support the Technical Assurance planning and coordination for the Project.
The principal accountabilities for this role are to:
- Implement the process for recording and gaining acceptance of all concessions against agreed Standards with the relevant Standard owner.
- Support the Chief Engineer, Delivery Teams and contractors to ensure concession requests are of the appropriate quality to facilitate timely approval in support of the overall programme.
- Maintain the mechanism for recording and tracking concessions through to acceptance by the Standard owner and where appropriate suggest improvements to the process.
- Run appropriate reports to communicate the status of concessions to key stakeholders and produce these with the required frequency.
- Supporting the Head of Technical Assurance in day to day team activities.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk
Main challenges of the job
- Ensure that, when a non-compliance from an agreed Standard needs to be considered, the change promoter provides sufficient technical information to enable the decision to be assessed at the appropriate level and, if appropriate, by external certifying bodies.
- Overseeing the progress of Concessions through the various process steps and liaising closely with the parties responsible for reviewing and accepting concessions in order to facilitate timely progress of the documents through to acceptance.
- Represent the company to appropriate external parties
- Attend meetings in particular with project teams, railway partners and contractors.
- Professional qualification in engineering or an associated discipline (Desirable).
- Experience/Knowledge of working in an engineering environment.
- Good working knowledge of eB or other EDMS.
- Experience of document control best practices.
- Ability to run reports, review statistics and monitor metrics.
- Knowledge of Technical Assurance activities for major project eg. Standards/Concessions Management in the context of major infrastructure projects, preferably within the rail industry.
- Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Ability to interface with railway domain specialists, design managers and construction project managers, in a competent professional manner.
- Proficiency in Excel and Good working knowledge of other Microsoft Packages.