Technical Assurance Integration Engineer
Purpose of the Job
To provide support to the Head of Technical Assurance to confirm that the Programme demonstrates appropriate levels of Technical Assurance to its Sponsors, future Operators and appropriate regulatory authorities.
- Assisting the Head of Technical Assurance in ensuring that the Assurance processes and controls that have been established are maintained, co-ordinated and communicated to the required levels of quality, efficiency and robustness
- Collecting and collating assurance evidence from designers and contractors through meetings, trackers, and comment closeout sheets to support Technical Assurance.
- In order to support the closeout of the Design Review process, manage the Final Design Overview (FDO) Evidence Lists of key assurance documents, tracking and monitoring progress and working with the Assurance team, CEG and project teams to deliver the associated requirements.
- To work closely with CEG and Delivery to close out the remaining FDO issues and to complete and gain Acceptance from the Infrastructure Manager of the Systemwide Final Design Overview Report.
- To develop and agree with the IMs the list of key assurance deliverables required for the Handover of the Systemwide assets and to develop the process and template for the associated Systemwide handover report (Element and Completion Handover Report).
- In addition to the ECHR, develop templates for assurance reports as required to support the opening strategy for the Railway.
- Provide direction and support to the project teams to help them understand the assurance requirements to support the opening strategy for the Railway.
- Through interpretation of data advise CEG on the status of Assurance for engineering approvals.
- Supporting the Head of Technical Assurance in meeting the overall objectives of the Technical Assurance team.
- Provide comprehensive and timely information to internal and external stakeholders regarding the progress and status of Assurance and project deliverables.
- Act on behalf of the Head of Technical Assurance by conducting review meetings with project teams, providing comprehensive updates on the status of Assurance.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk.
Main challenges of the job
- Developing good working relationships with the Delivery Teams and contractors as well as internally to the organisation. The post holder is required to:
- Set and maintain a high level of professional performance.
- Working with Rail for London to ensure that the Final Design Overview contains all the evidence required for their acceptance of the final design of each systemwide asset.
- Working across the Systemwide and Central Engineering Group teams to obtain design assurance evidence from design and build Contractors.
- Prioritising and escalating Technical Assurance issues to the Head of Technical Assurance.
- Knowledge of Technical Assurance, ideally on UK railway infrastructure
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering and its implementation on a large railway infrastructure project
- Knowledge of route-wide systems and their associated assurance requirements on a large infrastructure project
- Proven skills of working in a matrix structure organisation
- Understanding of the Railway Industry and in particular NR’s and LUL’s Assurance processes
- Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplined management team
- Experience of and successful track record in a similar role on a major rail or infrastructure project