Traction & Rolling Stock Installation Design Engineer Mechanical
Working as part of a close-knit team the Installation Design Engineer will have an area of specialism and a wide knowledge of our industry especially in regard to retrofitting train control systems. The Installation Design Engineer will work within the on-board train fitment design team to ensure the installation design engineering requirements on the project are correctly captured and delivered.
- Will play a key role in delivering in-house design solutions for retrofit design projects.
- Will take an active role in liaison with third-party design companies to ensure commonality of designs is achieved.
- In depth practical knowledge and experience of designing the retro-fitment installation of train systems, in particular ETCS, TPWS, AWS, GSM-R, Wi-Fi, CCTV and DAS.
- The application design of standard hardware in an on-train environment and documentation of the application design for train carried systems.
- Ability to understand and capture installation design requirements (specifications, scenarios, rules, etc.) relating to the subsystem.
- Previous experience of using Solid Edge 3D CAD system.
- Ability to produce 3D CAD models of all areas of the vehicle.
- Ability to design equipment mounting brackets/supports.
- Ability to produce manufacturing and assembly drawings to exact standards and quality.
- Experience of leading/participating in vehicle surveys to ensure sufficient information is gathered to facilitate the production of installation designs.
- Awareness of depot procedures and site safety.
- An understanding of the approvals process required to modify a train and bring it back into service.
- Read and review requirements, creating written comments and attending reviews as required.
- Review engineering data for completeness and consistency.
- Review product installation designs to ensure adherence to guidelines and installation constraints
- Previous experience in application designs for maintenance.
· Previous experience in liaising with subcontractors throughout the whole project lifecycle.
- Experience of working to industry quality and safety standards.
- Specific knowledge of implementing ETCS and/or CBTC systems and GSM-R systems
- Proven track record in working in major Sub-contract environments
- Previous experience of using MicroStation CAD system
- Previous experience of using AutoCAD CAD system
Please contact Barnie on:- 07879116457