Catering assistant based at Pontefract Hospital
16 hours over 4 days shift work between 9am-7pm, will include some weekends.
Basic food preparation including salad, sandwiches, toast, porridge etc.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Appropriate disposal of waste in accordance with instruction ensuring wastage is kept to a minimum by preparing and regenerating the correct levels.
- Washing patient’s cutlery, crockery and associated items by withering hand or using the automatic dishwasher and ensuring the ward kitchens are left clean and ready for the next service.
- Ensure that personal appearance, conduct and customer care are of the highest standard.
- Using a digital thermometer, take fridge and freezer temperatures twice a day and record readings on appropriate forms.
- Using written standards make initial decisions about the acceptability of the readings.
Collate meal requests and complete relevant documentation in accordance with the preset catering standards.
- To ensure stock control and rotation of the ward kitchen pantry including condiments, breakfast cereals and milk etc.
Please call 02089016627.