We are currently looking for a Paralegal to join our client based in the outskirts of York.
You will be Reporting to the Head of Legal and Compliance/Company Solicitor in the administration of public liability claims.
The Paralegal role will include, but not be limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
- Perform various general administrative duties
- Organise diaries, schedule meetings and respond to telephone enquiries
- Write first draft documents and proofread documents
- Scan, assign and file incoming post
- Audit and update Proclaim claims management software
- Respond to PL claims queries – by phone and by email
- Write reports, conduct legal research, take and draft witness statements
- Deal with a variety of interested parties such as Policyholders, Claimants, Claimant’s Solicitors, Dual Insurers, Court staff, and Barrister’s Clerks
- The successful candidate for the role must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks or caseloads.
- You must have good attention to detail to be able to carefully analyse files and data along with legal research skills and the desire to develop your understanding of the law.
- Previous office administrative skills for tasks such as filing, typing and letter writing are also an advantage.
- Free workwear
- On-site gym
- Onsite crèche
- Free parking
- Government Workplace Pension
- Up to 33 days holiday
- Holiday loyalty scheme (1 day extra for every 5 years)
- Great flexi-time
- Staff discount
Please apply and for further information call Holly on 07771 557096 and send across your details to firstname.lastname@example.org