- Read and interpret relevant data and documentation used to produce and/or maintain tool and die components
- Apply methods and techniques to, assemble, disassemble repair and/or maintain tools, dies, as applicable to the employer requirements
- Undertake testing to confirm correct operation, and of the effectiveness of repairs and maintenance activities carried out.
- Undertake equipment/asset care and/or Preventative Planned Maintenance processes and procedures
- Carry out complex fault diagnosis and repair activities covering the following technologies as applicable to the tool, die
- Contribute to the business by identifying possible opportunities for improving working practices, processes and/or procedures
- New and existing tooling maintenance
- Refurbishment, modification and servicing of tools
- Maintaining mechanical equipment
- Maintaining fluid & pneumatic power equipment
- Maintaining electrical & electronic equipment
- Maintaining process control equipment
- Toolmakers and Tool & Die Maintenance Technicians are predominantly involved in the highly skilled, complex and specialist detailed work of manufacturing and maintaining the engineering tooling used to produce components, products and assemblies.
- This requires the application of a broad range of activities including the interpretation of Engineering drawings and technical instructions and the use of hand, machine and automated computer controlled machine tools and measuring equipment.
- Understand the application of pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical and electronic systems
- Candidate will be proactive in finding solutions to problems and identifying ways to improve the business.
- Understand the safe operation and operating principles of a range of complex and machinery (such as CNC lathes, milling, grinding, drilling and welding equipment)
For further information please call Kerry on 07775538209 or apply by sending your CV via our website / firstname.lastname@example.org