We are enhancing our in-house marketing team and are recruiting for a Market Researcher to work alongside our team.
The role will include, but not be limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for New Product Development (NPD) together with ensuring the current product portfolio is fit for purpose across the business through studying the current market industry conditions and helping identify potential sales market opportunities. Providing commercial analysis and market insight to the company thus driving the NPD strategy as part of the business growth. Working cross-functionally to ensure NPD is a key component of the company’s business plan and the NPD concept has everything you need to deliver on driving the innovation strategy.
Supporting the delivery and implementation of innovation and NPD strategy through planning and managing resources. Along with supporting the development of new concepts you will get involved with refreshing and optimising existing products following a stage-gate process. You will also be the key lead on keeping a watchful eye on the market and competitive landscape as well as driving key products to 5 stars rating success.
- Working as key member of the marketing team, the job-holder will drive and coordinate all elements of the NPD Project Management Process, adhering to FCA regulatory guidelines.
- This role encompasses being the main business NPD contact and commercial support for all departments ensuring monthly MI is produced to advise Senior Management of progress.
- As part of this process, a key remit of the role is to ensure devise and implement a robust NPD process that the company follows an NPD process and to outline a critical path to ensure launches refreshed and new launches are kept within company objectives, FCA guidelines are adhered to and products are launched to a high standard in a timely manner.
- Through analysis you will support the NPD function to create, develop and deliver commercially viable products in line with the company growth strategy and current portfolio.
- Essentially, we aim to provide our customers with up to the minute relevant products which will help offer a bespoke solution that meets their current needs together with analysing future market trends to project and recommend up and coming developments to ensure that the company’s product portfolio evolves with the times.
- Along with supporting the development of new concepts you will get involved with refreshing and optimising existing products following a development gate process. You will also be the key contact for competitor intelligence, advising the business on a regular basis of market and industry developments
- You will work cross-functionally in partnership with all areas of the business in the concept development of new products from concept through to launch by following data and making recommendations to key stakeholders.
- You will be the key driver of establishing a robust and comprehensive customer feedback programme across all channels to inform future NPD.
Skills and Experience
What you will need:
- New Product Development process experience.
- Experience of driving change and making strategic recommendations through analysing data.
- A successful track record in a similar NPD role.
- Experience of using data analysis to support your findings.
- Worked within the insurance sector/financial sector/service sector would be advantageous.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of FCA regulations would be advantageous.
- Search engines and business research tools acumen.
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data and to multi-task.
- Ability to source and analyse information. Detail orientated with strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Relevant qualifications in NPD or related field preferred but not essential.