Our client based in a rural location close to Knaresborough (Own transport required) are currently expanding their Claims team and they are looking for a Claims Assessor to join their team.
Hours and wages
Situated in the Claims Department, this office is currently open six days a week and the hours of opening are Monday to Friday 8.00am to 7.00pm and Saturday 9.00am to 12.00pm.
You will work 37.5 hours a week. We operate a flexible working system. The Claims Manager and/or Team Leader will agree your break when you are on a normal working day or late shift. You will be rota’d for approximately one late shift per week, finishing at 7.00pm. You will start late to reflect this, taking into account the number of hours you work. It is expected that you will work one Saturday approximately once every 8 weeks. Your Department Manager will give a rota to you usually a month in advance.
Wages are based on technical and behavioural competencies. Please refer to your contract and departmental grading structure for details.
- Assist with admin duties.
- Answer Claims Department telephone calls in line with the departmental SLA.
- Assess claims promptly and fairly.
- Liaise with policyholders, veterinary practices and loss adjusters verbally and in writing in order to assess a claim.
- Take responsibility for processing each claim with efficiency, ensuring all facts are obtained before a decision is made.
- Calculate settlement of claims.
- Assess future underwriting risks (exclusions).
- Assist with the development of policy wordings.
- Address customer Urgents, Complaints and Appeals.
- Meet daily file and phone targets.
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good product and regulatory knowledge.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the AS400/PC/Content Manager/Mitel systems.
- Good working knowledge of internal procedures and standards.
- Good organisational and planning skills, including planning your own workload.
- Logging and distribution of departmental mail.
- Accurately creating new and subsequent claim records and updating these records as each claim progresses.
- Responding to claims notification.
- Following internal guidelines to aid claims processing.
- Identifying valid and invalid claims by analysing the terms and conditions of the policy contract and the claim information.
- Liaising with policyholders, veterinary surgeons and loss adjusters to ensure thorough assessment of liability.
- Answering and responding to telephone calls/emails or making outbound telephone calls to resolve queries and gain information necessary for the expedient assessment of each claim.
- Updating the policyholder accordingly where applicable.
- Authorising instructions to repairers, loss adjusters/referral and consultant vets.
- Working to reduce hard and soft leakage.
- Identifying recoveries.
- Calculating claims settlement / offers of settlement.
- Assessing future risks presented by the loss(es) within guidelines.
- Maintaining individual and team targets.
- Dealing with referrals from all Departments.
- Rotate and undertake all duties as requested.
- Complying with FCA and PRA rules, ABI guidance, the Data Protection Act 1998 and other regulation, legislation and industry directives as advised by your Manager.
- Ensuring compliance with ELICO’s Financial Crime, Anti-bribery, Governance, Whistleblowing, Compliance & Risk and Complaints Policies along with ELICO’s TCF Objectives Statement.
- Ensuring compliance with ELICO’s Data Security & Data Governance Policy, including understanding who the ELICO Data Steward is for that data, being aware of what quality criteria or standards are applied to that data, and ensure its application, raising any deficiencies or concerns with the appropriate Data Steward, and safeguarding the integrity of the data.
- Identifying risks and reporting them in line with internal procedure.
- Undertake development under the guidance of the Claims Manger, Team Leaders and Trainers.
You will be working within a team and it is expected that you will give support and assistance to colleagues in line with the operational requirements of the Department.
These duties are merely an outline and will include other aspects within the Department and may change subject to business demands. Any changes will be at the discretion of the Claims Manager.
You will also be expected to assist in other areas periodically, particularly with mail shots and any future marketing campaigns. If your assistance is required in other departments because of business needs, then you will be expected to help.
For further information please call Kerry on 07775538209 or apply by emailing a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org