Planning & Project Controls Manager
Provide leadership and direction for Planning and Project Controls in the Project Team.
Line management of the Planning & Project Controls leads within the Project Team.
Responsible for technical and assurance support for Planning & Project Controls in the Project Team.
Ensure an effective Project Planning & Controls Team that delivers to target, is efficient, focused, customer
Key organisational relationships
- Planning & Project Controls leader within the Project Team reporting to the Project Director.
- Undertake day to day management of the Planning & Project Controls team to meet periodic reporting deadlines and key outputs.
- Work with other project functional leads to support project delivery.
- Responsible for Project Planning, Project Controls, Change Management, Risk Management, and document control for the project.
- Work closely with the other support functions on a day-to-day basis providing support as required. Including Project Management, Health & Safety, Business Systems, Procurement, Commercial, Estimating.
- Provide support and technical information to the Project Director & the Alliance Programme Controls Manager for decision making and onward cascade to the Alliance Manager.
- Provide planning and project controls information as required to discipline Project Managers to manage their projects.
- Line management of the Project Planning and Controls team.
- Ownership and management of the control room for the project.
Key skills essential / desirable
- Member of a relevant professional body with chartered status and / or educated to degree level.
- Relevant experience in the successful delivery of major projects of work in the construction and/or rail industries.
- Expert in all aspects of Planning, Programme Controls; Risk, Change, Earned Value Management.
- Able to coach and challenge management and non-specialists.
- Ability to develop and build a successful team.
- Excellent communication with demonstrable delivery of leadership.
- Knowledge of / experience in the UK railway industry.
- Knowledge of / experience in Alliancing.
- Knowledge of full life cycle delivery.
Please contact Barnie on - 07879116457