Access Control Manager
Purpose of the Job
Monitors, oversees and facilitates the construction delivery interfaces team to help integrate the delivery programme with 3rd parties, ensure access to site & trace areas where required.
Manages the construction client team to ensure they have all the support to perform
their duties and ensure the site safety / COVID 19 requirements are adhered to.
Works with the Principal Contractor to ensure they undertake their duties & co-ordinate the site
Logistics with the subcontractors delivering the work.
Supports the Delivery Manager in driving the delivery teams to perform.
Works closely with the company IPA & IDPC to integrate BOS works & isolations with Routeway activities and permissions.
- Co-operate with the company and show leadership in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times, promoting safer working practices and sharing learning on incidents through leading the Periodic H+S Learning Forum (previously the Bi-Weekly H+S Conference Call) and supporting Programme-wide SHELT and other H+S Forums.
- Ensure the delivery of DCS1.1 through the unlocking of complex interface challenges to
enable the solution.
- Lead the IM Readiness activity delivery through the Handover Leads plus Asset Information, O+M, Handover Documentation, Certification, Training and Document Management teams.
- Manage PC’s WAD team to ensure all WRA’s are approved on time
- Manage PC’s Logistics team to ensure site deliveries are on time & are in the daily plan.
- Direct and support the construction client team to monitor the site for Safety, COVID
19 controls, Quality & Progress, Monitoring the daily reports for actions and distribute.
- Support & advise PC on site control and daily management on COVID 19 site numbers.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility of working of target Zero principles.
- Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk
- Be the independent point of escalation for all subcontractors where they cannot resolve logistical and/or sequencing issues.
- Lead the transition planning with the IMs for the switch from a construction to an operational environment specifically for general logistics of the switch and control of outstanding works delivery.
- Ensure that best practice in delivery is shared across all contract.
- Provide input to Constructability reviews.
- Establishes key relationships between the delivery directorate and subcontractors.
- Provide procedural leadership to the Construction Managers in their delivery directorate.
Main Challenges of the Job
- Ensure the timely interface and accurate communication with IPS & IDPC and the PC access control team.
- Interface with external parties when required.
- Liaise with the PC daily to ensure safe & co-ordinated deliveries of materials in congested central
London construction site.
- Monitor office & site for personnel numbers to ensure the site is not overcrowded for COVID 19
- Monitor programme delivery and give some delivery disciplines encouragement to achieve the planned dates
- Supervises and leads teams
- Management of issues across sectors to deliver the solution that is right for the project.
- Support of the DCS1.1 programme through understanding and resolving complex sequencing challenges, and with multiple interfacing contractors and subcontractors.
- Drive the right behaviours within the company, Contractor, IM and other Stakeholders to engender a team approach to delivering the project.
- Effective communicator, influencer and collaborator
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
- Understanding of project controls processes
- Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures
- Prior experience supervising and administering contractors.
- Able to build trust with all parties to enable an openness that facilitates resolutions to complex issues.
- Please contact Karen on :-07917833970