Purpose of the Job
To support the cost and commercial management oversight of the remaining Network Rail works to support the staged opening of the Elizabeth line.
- Support the final account process required under the Protocol to determine those Network Rail On-Network works that will be added to the Regulatory Asset Base (RAB).
- Assist in the close-out and final account of remaining cash-funded agreements.
- Provide cost and commercial oversight of the Control Period 6 (CP6) On-Network Works
- Undertake regular cost and commercial reviews of Network Rail's cost and contract performance.
- Provide cost and commercial reporting to the company and Sponsors
- Undertake cost and risk analysis to help identify and mitigate key cost and commercial risks related to the remaining On-Network works.
- Provide pro-active cost and commercial support to the Stage Delivery Managers (for Stages 2B, Stage 4, and Stage 5a & Stage 5b) as part of a matrix support team structure.
- Assisting in the undertaking of ‘deep-dive’ reviews as part of the cost and commercial assurance of Network Rail’s On-Network Works.
- Support with the management and close-out of those third-party agreements aligned to the Staged Integration & NR Surface Works.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk
Main challenges of the job
- Ensuring timely and accurate provision of cost and commercial information from Network Rail.
- Deciphering, understanding and drawing conclusions from complex cost and commercial information.
- Degree educated (preferably engineering/business related subject).
- Experience of commercial management within a complex multi-disciplinary project/programme.
- Rail experience essential (preferably within or working with Network Rail).
- Good understanding of cost management and earned value management.
- Good construction contract knowledge (preferable experience in Network Rail RT form).
- Experience of working within regulated funding arrangements (desirable).
- Risk management experience (desirable).
Please call Barnie on - 01189550600