Environmental Manager - Rail
Senior member of the site-based Environment team, providing the primary source of Environmental expertise to support delivery of the construction and handover phase of the Main Works Civils Contract.
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the contract's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
- Provide operational and functional management advice to the design and construction team on the practical implementation of contract policies and processes. Provide specialist support to the commercial team for any scope changes, early warnings or other formal communications required with the client on environment matters.
- Drive awareness for and delivery against contract targets, particularly reducing Carbon and striving to achieve no-net loss in biodiversity and CEEQUAL excellent rating.
- Provide advice and guidance, and where necessary assist with the obtaining legal consents, licenses, and exemptions. Maintain good working relationships with external stakeholders such as Local Authorities, Natural England, EA, Thames Water and others as required and directed.
- Ensure works are in line with the Environmental Management System, certified to ISO 14001:2015, ensuring it remains appropriate to all contract risks. Collect data, monitor and report performance against targets and drive innovation and continuous improvement throughout the contract team.
- Develop and manage program of inspections and audits, including targeted risk monitoring, both on site and within the supply chain. Assist with any external audits, parent company, client and certification bodies.
Required qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes
- Environmental management experience in the construction industry, ideally large infrastructure projects in rail, highways or tunnelling.
- Chartered Environmentalist, Full Member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or equivalent and lead auditor qualifications.
- Excellent organisation, communication and time management skills, able to demonstrate ability to successfully line manage and provide leadership and initiative.
- Project management and commercial awareness skills required.
- Demonstrates a passion for the Environment and Sustainability, driving innovation and an ability and desire to positively influence and develop those around them.
In addition to the above discipline role, the Environment Manager must carry out their duties in accordance with the company Core Values.
Please contact Karen on:-07917833970