Operations Manager – C660
Purpose of the Job
A critical and exciting leadership role. Responsible for managing core administrative and management processes, that govern C660 delivery.
Responsible for implementing project level processes and activities that relate to the smooth running and operation of the project, including, but not limited to: Arrangement, planning and management of key reviews and regular meetings; Oversight of Dashboard and Viz data; Recruitment and resource management; External affairs and communications; Production of key summary reports (e.g. Weekly Progress reports and Board presentations); Management of SharePoint and other core processes to ensure the smooth running of the C660 operation.
- Establishing, improving and ensuring team compliance with key meetings, reviews, and presentations etc
- Providing regular communication forums (weekly reports, newsletter, organising all hands, etc) to ensure all of C660 is fully engaged and abreast of the latest information and news. Responsible for planning the agenda, setting them up and making them happen.
- Maintaining our risk registers and soliciting regular input
- Maintaining look-ahead calendars of activities and events, to ensure the team is prepared and makes submittals on time. Always looking ahead, planning ahead for the team.
- Being the key interface with other departments such as the Director’s office and Viz teams, to ensure alignment
- Directing and providing functional oversight of core administrative processes, including maintaining and evolving SharePoint, with the latest information
- Implementing and overseeing appropriate mechanisms and procedures to ensure the C660 operation runs smoothly, efficiently and professionally,
- Reviewing and recommending staffing needs for cost, schedule, risk and contract administration activities. Maintaining project staffing registers and forecasts.
- Input to specific technical task forces as required.
- Supporting the Handover Teams during periods of high workload
- Input to the Change Management System, to ensure that regular review and mitigation of trends take place, and support with Change Papers
- Input to certain “business cases” to ensure that full and proper commercial decisions are taken.
- Deputise for the Comms Delivery Managers when required.
- Undertaking specific tasks as requested by the Project Manager
- Set the bar and engage with all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk.
Main Challenges of the Job
Responsible for managing multiple events, deliverables and relationships - internal and external. In a fast-moving, dynamic and demanding environment. Providing leadership to the Project Team through example, knowledge and ability to influence and in so doing encouraging project team members to work in accordance with requirements of corporate governance.
Required to work at a detailed and strategic level, and able to accept responsibility and accountability for the project commercial activities through the full life cycle.
Supporting Project Managers
- Ability to make things happen, influence outcomes.
- High energy, drive, self-starter
- Degree in Engineering, or Construction Management or equivalent experience.
- Relevant experience on a large-scale infrastructure project. Rail preferred.
- Experience and training in planning, risk, administration and management of large teams
- Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices.
- Significant experience of dealing with large M&E packages and/or T&C
- Experience of operating strategically and in numerous functional areas/matrix organisation.
Please contact Karen on - 01189550600