- Develop and lead on strategies, processes and plans that will ensure consistent interoperability and NTSN compliance within the scope of work of the Train Control Partner (TCP) across all Projects on the East Coast Digital Programme.
- Evaluate relevant project CC&S designs and available technical compliance evidence, drawn chiefly from engineering sources such as designs, specifications, technical artefacts and validation & test evidence, to ensure Projects are complying with the relevant NTSNs.
- Collate the technical compliance evidence for each Project and process this for submission to the Approved Body for Interoperability Verification and authorisation purpose.
- Manage issues associated with non-compliance. This shall be managed via an interoperability issues log and include liaison with, and obtaining exemptions from, the DfT.
- Guide projects in terms of the suitability and the form of technical evidence that will be required to achieve interoperability. Provide guidance and direction on Interoperability requirements to all Projects that fall within the scope of works of the TCP organisation. Work collaboratively withing the Engineering Management Office (EMO) and within the individual projects to support the delivery of interoperability compliance evidence.
- Ensure technical interoperability and interface compliance evidence is available to the satisfaction of the Approved Body and other relevant approval and authorisation bodies
- Participate and support meetings with the various approval and authorisation bodies (e.g. F-SRP, NRAP, ORR, DfT and RSSB) and support the EMO Head of Safety and Interoperability.
- Liaise with the S&I Manager to ensure consistency and completeness of the overall entry into service process.
- Support the Safety and Interoperability Manager to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and standards pre and post BREXIT including ROGS, the CSM RA and RIR.
- The role shall obtain agreement of the Approval Body (formerly NoBo) and if necessary, the Designated Body (DeBo), in terms of the standards and where necessary clauses that need apply so as to obtain Interoperability Compliance and Declaration of Verification.
- The role shall ensure programme-wide compliance to all relevant NTSN standards. For each individual Project, comprehensive technical file(s) shall be compiled to demonstrate compliance to all relevant Interoperability standards.
- The role shall review the interoperability process for continuous improvement, such as review of assessment modules to move to a more quality based approach to demonstrate interop ability compliance.
- The main focus will initially be on the Control, Command and Signalling (CCS) and Operation and Traffic Management (OPE) NTSNs, with the associated NTSNs on assessment of interoperability constituents and modules for the procedures for assessment of conformity. The role may be progressively widened in scope to include other NTSNs if they become applicable to projects, such as the infrastructure (INF) and Telematics Applications (TAP & TAF) NTSNs
- Several Years of experience in Railways Signalling, Command and Control and major projects or programmes of work, including knowledge and exposure to ERTMS and ETCS technologies
- Have demonstrable experience of the interoperability regulations and managing safety verification process associated with the Approved Body (formally Notified Body)
- Previous experience in technical compliance or system validation.
- Experience of multi-disciplinary projects and programmes of work and working across multi-disciplinary teams
- Possess the ability to work positively and collaboratively with a broad range of individuals and organisations involved in the programme and have strong management skills.
Please contact barnie on :- 07879116457