One of our top clients is recruiting for an experienced accountant for the role of Finance Manager. They will manage the finance team and provide a high level of financial management information to the Group Head of Finance.
This role would suit someone who is part or fully qualified with at least 5 years’ experience. Has very good Excel skills and IT systems experience. The following personal skills are essential.
- Approach everything you do with integrity.
- Ability to work and lead a team, but also able to motivate yourself and work independently.
- Ability to build strong business partnerships within the company.
- Flexible can-do attitude with the ability to react calmly in a pressurised situation.
- Ability to make an informed decision and deliver it with confidence.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent numeracy and written skills.
- Preparation of trial balance and monthly management accounts.
- Sales & Margin reporting.
- Review of internal reports– including old credit balances, Queries, code 90000, theft account, suspense account, unpaid cash sales, deleted tickets, ZZ internal accounts, vending machine, own derv reconciliation, cars usage at garage.
- Attending monthly meetings to review revenue accounts with senior managers of company departments.
- Development of the departmental annual budgets and capital expenditure forecasts.
- Manage petty cash approval and checks.
- Oversee PAYE & NIC monthly & annual submission and reconciliation.
- Oversee preparation of VAT returns and submission.
- Consolidation of financial accounts on a monthly & quarterly basis.
- Ensure period ends time & dates are met.
- Review of accruals and prepayments monthly schedules.
- Manage monthly private mileage charging to staff via payroll.
- Reconciliation of PL with VAT and submit return online.
- Oversee and approve PL payment run.
- Oversee credit control processes and backup if required.
- Ensure sales ledger cut off is met and statement run process is done in a timely manner.
- Ensure period ends are completed within time frame.
- Run gross profit analysis reports, reconcile to NL.
- Review NL balances, reconcile to account excels, LY/TY data.
- Review asset ledger and new capital additions, check & file invoices monthly.
Bank and Cash Reconciliation
- Review bank reconciliation with chief cashier.
- Review internal cash reconciliation by location and discrepancies.
- Review PDQ’s reconciliation to locations, discrepancies and submissions.
- Review MER for Barclays and finance lending arrangements.
- Review reconciliation of vouchers at locations to suppliers.
- Review open & closing balances, trends.
- Investigate various stock lines to ensure accuracy.
- Audit large write offs/adjustments.
- Check audits are complete by store, location and analysis group.
- Test check items at each location or store.
- Review audit records.
- Compare stock balance to sales – location/group.
- Review slow moving- last sale date items.
- Check negative stock balances.
For more information please call Jo on 07867978033 and send across your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org