One of my Housing Association clients are looking for a Head of Investment to join their team on an inital 3 month contract with potential extension
- Pro-actively support the Senior Head of Investment in providing high level advice and strategic guidance to Group and subsidiary Boards and the Investment Committee on all matters of development finance and investment, deputising for the Senior Head of Investment as and when required.
- Lead finance responsibility for major new investment opportunities (organic development, strategic partnerships, joint ventures, major regeneration scheme tenders and other growth routes) providing end-to-end transaction support. To include:
- Working as a key member of major investment bid teams.
- Liaison with external advisors and colleagues in Development, Treasury, Tax, Company Secretariat, Legal and Finance to ensure major projects are appropriately structured and the impact on the Group’s financial position is fully understood.
- Assessment of the financial and commercial risks of investment proposals, application of sensitivity and scenario analysis and identification of potential mitigating actions.
- Support negotiation with vendors, agents, potential partners and other external parties.
- Project management of key aspects of each transaction as required.
- Production and review of supporting financial models and integration with Group and subsidiary level planning, reporting and accounting as appropriate.
- Provide commercial and financial advice to the Group regarding all aspects of the management of the Group’s existing major investments from re-negotiation through to assessment of ongoing fit to the Group’s investment strategy.
- Periodic in-depth assessment and options analysis including exit routes and related feasibility assessment and impact on the Group’s financial planning.
- Ensure that ongoing finance, tax and control risk are effectively managed across the Group’s major project portfolio, supported by colleagues as appropriate.
- Develop, manage and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including strategic development partners and professional advisors.
- Interrogate external financial appraisals of investment opportunities. Report analysis to senior management to inform negotiations, taking the finance lead as required.
- As part of the Investment Finance senior management team, ensure a strong financial framework to support effective procurement, implementation, and risk management of the Group’s development investment programmes and strategic business development opportunities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- A CCAB or equivalent qualified accountant with proven experience in property based investment finance and a thorough understanding of the market.
- Strong track record in the ‘end-to-end’ financial management of complex, multi-party transactions, particularly negotiation and structuring as part of a wider commercial team.
- Deep understanding of the technical, risk, commercial and strategic issues and implications arising from complex investment decisions.
- Has the credibility and track record to gain the trust and respect of external partners and colleagues including the senior executive and non-executive team, and an ability to influence decision making in the business.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to deliver change as part of a wider senior management team.
- In addition, an exposure to financial planning and associated systems would be useful.
If you are interested please apply with an up to date CV