Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to start on a private housing site in the Durham area. This is a permanent role commencing in March for the right candidate.
- To provide full commercial management on various housing projects from conception to completion.
- Provision of information, where necessary, for the land purchase exercise that will enable clear materials and labour costs to be considered at that stage.
- Monitor and report build costs periodically reporting any savings and excesses. Also update “in-flight” reports for Group CEO
- To produce land bid appraisals for new land opportunities
- The timely and accurate measurement and valuation of the works.
- Inspect land opportunities and prepare detailed estimate of development costs
- The recording of information relating to the works.
- Attendance at valuation meetings with the Senior Management and supply chain.
- Production of project financial forecasts and reports.
- Management, valuation and certification of payments for our supply chain.
- Undertaking measurement exercises including cut and fill, infrastructure and superstructure elements.
- Maintain the company standard build cost “Bible” with known costs
- Manage the subcontract procurement process
- Develop and manage the company sub-contractor relationships
It is not possible for this document to totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder. The outlined duties may, therefore, vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities.
- To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Substantial experience and a proven track record in new build including housing.
- Ideally HND, degree or equivalent is desirable.
- Competent in construction processes and procedures.
- Experience of Microsoft and Excel IT packages.
- Comprehensive commercial skills.
- Senior Quantity Surveyors with a Civil Engineering background welcome
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal.
- Good planning, organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Team Player
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- Valid UK driving licence.
- Works productively in high-pressure environments.
Negotiable competitive rates.
If you are interested please apply below or call Steph on 07900268176.
Alternatively please send your CV to email@example.com