Apply to these jobs
Travel time by car is
Travel time by public transport is
Travel time by bike is
The role of the Caretaker is to support the daily operation of a school ensuring that the school is a well-maintained, safe and secure site for all users to enhance the environment for visitors, students and staff.
To provide a site based response to key contractual requirements, to ensure a timely service to the school, staff, pupils, external and community users, responding to reactive and planned activities, ensuring contractual compliance and commercial efficiencies.
The post holder should have a broad range and high standard of practical skills, and good operational knowledge and experience of FM, Service Delivery Plans and Schools. All duties are to be carried out in a manner that is compliant with current Health and Safety Regulations & VF codes of practice.
The wearing of company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), uniform and identification badge at all times is a responsibility of the caretaker and will be periodically monitored for compliance.
Regular tasks include but are not limited to the following
• key holder duties including unlocking the premises in the morning and/or securing the premises at the end of the day
• checking the premises to guard against vandalism or break-ins including boundary fence and ground checks
• checking for any building alarm activations including intruder, Fire and Building Management System
• ensuring doors and windows are locked when the building is not in use
• ensuring all lights, electrical equipment and water outlets are switched off when the building is not in use
• vehicle and car park management as required to ensure a safe route of access for vehicles and pedestrians
• provide out of hours’ support in the event of emergencies including break-ins, floods etc.
Security officer ( days and nights )
£10.00 - £11.00 per hour
Administrator - Audio Typing
£8.50 per hour
You are applying for