Purpose of the Job
Responsible for assisting the Commercial Manager in relation to the implementation of a Contract Management Program for the project consistent with Contract Management Policies and Work Processes, Procedures and Systems, and supporting preparation and issue of analysis and reporting of the costs status of the works in line with the reduced reporting requirements.
- Ensure that commercial and contractual issues are dealt with in the Project at the lowest level cognisant with the delegated authorities
- Deputising for the Commercial Manager when requested and performing duties allocated by the Commercial Manager for the successful commercial management of the project to meet goals and objectives.
- Administer the contract in line with the terms and conditions.
- Highlight areas of risk, such as ambiguities, conflicts or deviations from the scope of work. As work proceeds make recommendations on the mitigation of these risks.
- Monitor Contractors commercial contractual performance and supporting Commercial Manager remedial actions.
- Monitoring the Contractor’s performance against the Works Information generally and Works Information Volume 2B Part 14 in particular. Recommend corrective actions as appropriate.
- Developing and managing appropriate mechanisms to monitor compliance with contract terms and conditions. Implement pre-existing mechanisms Working with the other project team members to check that actions or inactions which could result in compensation events are identified and suggesting possible ways of resolving the situation.
- Identify potential cost over-runs as soon as possible.
- Maintaining a working relationship with Construction, Project Controls, Engineering, Legal and Risk Management to facilitate organisational interfaces between those performing contract administrations.
- Checking that the project adheres to contract insurance provisions and that any requirements in this regard are implemented.
- Checking that the contractors' subcontractor proposals are undertaken in accordance with the contract with particular reference to conditions of the subcontract, the scope of subcontract works, warranties and bonds.
- Checking that contemporaneous records are kept. Ensure correspondence, instructions, and communications are drafted in accordance with the contract terms and conditions and issued in accordance with the period of reply.
- Checking that records and data are kept up to date on the appropriate systems and trackers.
- Co-operate within all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk
- To be responsible for the management of Health and Safety for direct reports.
Main Challenges of the Job
- Supporting the Commercial Manager in providing the project team with reviews and analysis of the contract performance data.
- Supporting the Commercial Manager in maintaining a working relationship with the Project teams and Functional support.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Construction Management or Cost Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- An advanced level of MS Excel skills are desirable.
- Experience and structured formal training in contract administration using NEC3 ECC form of contract, construction pricing, knowledge of contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, effective correspondence, planning and scheduling, and cost control
- Relevant experience on a largescale infrastructure project.