I am recruiting for a warehouse associate to work for an international business based in North of York (Own transport needed).
Reporting to the warehouse and shipping manager you will be responsible for Checking in goods, Storage of goods, packing up of goods for dispatch.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fun and vibrant team that really believe in teamwork and do lots of social events together.
£20,000 plus a performance-related bonus of £250 per quarter.
Goods in must
- conform to customer specifications and be of high quality,
- be carefully wrapped, labelled and stored ready for dispatch,
Goods out parcels must
- be neatly packed, clearly labelled and contain appropriate documentation.
- Signing for and receiving parcels from couriers, checking the customer and the shipping date, indicating appropriately on the parcel, storage in Goods In according to shipping date
- Checking individual parts in, using Brokerware, checking for conformance in all aspects of the product (Quantity, part number, quality)
- Identify any non-conforming parts and liaise with Sales as to action required
- Wrapping parts in suitable antistatic bags, and labelling the parts
- Storage of parts in the correct location in Stores or Warehouse, labelling the drawer where required or recording on Brokerware if in Warehouse
Goods Out: full-time staff only
- Full understanding of the Goods Out screen
- Liaising with Accounts re customers on stop
- Invoicing customers when their order is complete and ready to ship
- Booking shipments with couriers used infrequently (eg DHL)
- Printing the delivery notes
Goods Out: all staff
- Packing up parcels with the customers’ orders, ensuring boxes are neatly wrapped and labelled ready for collection by the courier/s
- Constant awareness of Health and Safety issues in a very busy, bulky packaging environment and taking corrective action where appropriate
- Ensuring, along with Accounts, that supplies of key items such as boxes, do not run out
- Emptying the bins in Stores/kitchen
- Emptying the cardboard container
- Tidying stores areas
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Some experience of working in an office/warehouse/stores
- Some experience of working in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining good attention to detail, with repetitive tasks (eg retail/hospitality)
- GCSE English and Maths at Grade C (equivalent) or above
Desirable, but not essential:
- Previous experience of a similar role
Other Skills and Attributes Required
It is vital that the successful candidate can demonstrate:
- A positive attitude to work
- A cheerful, bright, friendly personality
- Excellent organizational skills
- Accuracy, with good attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Computer knowledge
- Team Player
- Commitment, drive and enthusiasm for all aspects of the job
Benefits & Holidays
- Quarterly Bonuses based on performance
- A Company Pension Scheme is in operation.
- There are Healthcare benefits after 6 months of employment.
For further information please call Kerry on 07775538209 or apply by emailing your CV to email@example.com