Apply to these jobs
Add to Shortlist
Remove from Shortlist
Park Royal, Brent - Greater London
£21,500 - £25,000 per annum
ESSENTIALLY 2 MECHANICS ARE NEEDED FOR THE ROLE BELOW - TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY FOR THE SPECIFIC INDUSTRY EQUIPMENT THE COMPANY USES - PLEASE APPLY IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING ON CARS / MOTOR CYCLES ETC..
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
• We are one of the UK’s leading independent entertainment lighting and rigging providers. The winner of TPI’s Favourite Lighting Rental Company award in 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. With us everything is possible.
• Our speciality is hiring equipment for use in the Rock and Roll, Concert Touring and Theatre industries, both in the UK and across the globe. With over 35 years dedicated to providing a one stop shop for lighting and events solutions, we pride ourselves on our first class customer service and our market leading equipment prepared to the highest standards.
• Our team is rapidly expanding and an opportunity has arisen for a knowledgeable Motors and Spotlights Technician. The successful candidate will ideally possess a working knowledge of hoists to include: CM, Exe and Liftkets and Spotlights to include: Robert Juliat.
• However, individuals with practical mechanics experience will also be considered. The successful candidate will professionally trained externally on the hoists used within this role. This role offers an opportunity to work in a dynamic warehouse based role within a friendly and results orientated team.
• Prep, operate, service and repair hoists (CM, Exe and Liftkets) in line with Neg Earth’s, legislative and manufacturer health and safety requirements.
• Prep, operate and repair Motor Control.
• Prep, operate, service and repair Limpet personnel winches in accordance with Neg Earth’s, legislative and manufacturer health and safety requirements.
• Training crew how to operate Limpets and advise in accordance with correct health & safety and manufacturer practices.
• Operate Guil wind-up towers in accordance with correct health & safety and manufacturer practices.
• To prep, inspect, repair and test Kinesys systems in accordance with correct health & safety and manufacturer practices.
• To prep, inspect and test BroadWeigh load cell systems in accordance with correct health & safety and manufacturer practices.
• Prep, operate and repair of spot lights (Robert Juliat), whilst ensuring full observance of health & safety requirements are maintained at all times.
• Check in / return scanning of all equipment in line with the checking in procedure. • Inspect Neg Earth returning equipment in line with current process.
• Ensuring that the standard of the sub-hired equipment meets the company’s requirements.
• Maintain communication with the Line Manager and Team Leader.
• Portable Appliance Testing (PAT).
STANDARD COMPANYWIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Any other duties as required / authorised by your Line Manager / Line Management reporting line.
• Comply with all health and safety requirements.
• Comply with all policies and procedures.
• Load and unload trucks, when required.
• Ensuring the warehouse and work areas are kept in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
• To ensure that all flight cases are cleaned, maintained in line with company standards, labelled and stored appropriately.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Proven practical experience in a similar role.
• Ability to take ownership and accountability.
• Autonomy and the ability to work as part of a team.
• Customer focused with a high level of attention to detail.
• Adaptable and results orientated.
• Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft office.
• Ability to work for paid overtime when required (including weekends).
Training / Practical Experience with:
• Hoists: CM, EXE and Liftkets.
• Spotlights; Robert Juliat.
• Guil wind-up towers.
• Personnel Lift - Limpet.
• Kinesys Vector, Libra load cells and Digi Hoist Controls.
• BroadWeigh load cells.
• Motor controls.
• Experience using a stock control system.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU? - COMPANY BENEFITS INCLUDE:
• Working with exceptional people, the latest technologies and being a part of a team making remarkable events happen.
• Free onsite parking.
• Cash Back Health Care Scheme provided by Health Shield.
• Private Health Insurance provided by Bupa.
• 30 days holiday (inclusive of statutory 8 UK Bank Holidays).
• Pension Scheme provided by Scottish Widows.
• Discretionary annual company performance related bonus.
Please note: Rates are correct at time of posting and are an approximate indication only. Rates are subject to change