Apply to these jobs
Add to Shortlist
Remove from Shortlist
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Graduate Civil Engineer to work on our Yorkshire Water contract, reporting to our Bradford office. The role will form part of the Distribution Maintenance Team which is responsible for the investigation and delivery of planned DOMS flushing throughout the Yorkshire region. The team's primary objective is to assist in the reduction of the number of water quality contacts received to come under the target figure of 6108 by 2017.
Responsibilities associated with this role include, but are not limited to the following:
• Undertaking detailed investigations and formulating DOMS plans and timetables for the strategic flushing of distribution mains within DMA's to minimise future water quality contacts for turbidity. Liaising with field staff to instigate operational action plans
• Highlighting through investigation pre & post logging points within the DMA to capture the impact of the activity
• Amending schematic/timetable when unforeseen issues arise i.e. highlighted fittings not available on the network
• Processing data to calculate thickness of turbidity material removed per flush
• Tabulating DMA finish date, calculating volume of water used and informing relevant parties accordingly
• Downloading and processing all logging data from pre to post flushing activity and reporting accordingly
• Utilising modelling software to accurately determine impact of planned flushing activity through desired flow/duration of works required to achieve optimal performance and risk mitigation.
Some travel maybe required; therefore a full driving licence is essential.
We are looking for an individual with the following attributes:
• Excellent data analysis and manipulation skills
• Excellent report writing and communication skills
• Excellent IT skills - Excel essential
• Strong Health and Safety awareness
• An understanding of the operation principles of water hydraulics
• Pragmatic approach and ability to amend planned activities at short notice
• Knowledge of DOMS process and Water Quality
• Project management skills
• Knowledge of risk management
• Knowledge of serviceability measures and water company’s performance commitments
• A knowledge of network modelling - Infoworks
• Strong numerical skills
Training will be provided on local corporate reporting software and guidance on existing processes will be supported by experienced engineers currently engaged on the work.
The post would ideally suit a recent engineering graduate who is ambitious and wishing to start their career in the utility services and asset management industry.
If this could be of interest please contact Mel Self on email@example.com or 01245 254 760 for further details
Please note: Rates are correct at time of posting and are an approximate indication only. Rates are subject to change